October 1, 2015 by Michelle Caligan
As Malaysia’s national capital, Kuala Lumpur offers visitors a taste of both modern and traditional landscapes, from towering skyscrapers to sacred mosques and temples.
This city is proud of its multi-cultural heritage, and lives up to its tagline as “truly Asia.”
Whether traveling to see its beautiful sites, immerse in its diverse culture or feast on its delicious dishes, KL, as it is popularly called, will not fail your expectations.
Here are 7 Awesome Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- See the Petronas Towers in the morning and at night
Just like the skyline of Hong Kong, the Petronas Towers of Kuala Lumpur has a different charm in the morning and at night. Standing at 452 meters above street level, the 88-storey megastructure is a symbol of Malaysia’s culture and technological advancement. The two towers are connected on the 41st floor by the Skybridge, while the 86th floor provides an observation deck where visitors can see the tower’s spire up close as well as a panoramic view of the entire Kuala Lumpur.
Take note that the Skybridge and Observation Deck are only open from Tuesdays to Sundays, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Ticket counters open at 8:30 a.m. but be there earlier as the queue can be quite long. You may also purchase your tickets in advance via the Petronas Towers official website. Ticket prices are RM84.80 for adults and RM31.80 for children.
Don’t feel weird if you see people laying on the ground while taking a photo of the towers. That’s the right position if you want to take the perfect angle, especially if your companion wants a photo with the towers in the background. Join the fun!
How to get there:
- From KL Sentral station: Ride the Kelana Jaya Rail Line to KLCC station, which is five stops away. Fare is RM2.50.
- From Kuala Lumpur International Airport: You have three options if you are coming from the airport.
- If taking the train, hop on the KLIA Express train to KL Sentral, and transfer to the Kelana Jaya Rail Line (see above). Fare is RM35.
- If taking the bus, there are bus lines found in the public bus terminal outside the airport that will take you directly to KLCC. The buses depart every 30 minutes. Fare is RM18, travel time is around an hour.
- If taking the taxi, fare is around RM75, travel time is around an hour. Although the most convenient, this is also the most expensive. There is a chance that you might be scammed so be very careful.
Interested, want to read on please visit 7 Awesome Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia